SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× EU e-Privacy Directive needs your help!

A free extension like this survives only by reputation. You can help by submitting a review in the Joomla Extension Directory. Please take the time to make a review by clicking on the link below (opens in a new window)

extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=4850

White Page after accepting cookies

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #2665 by Piet
Piet created the topic: White Page after accepting cookies
Hello,

I am trying EU privacy directrive and it seems that it could be what I am searching for.

But after accepting the cookies i receive a white screen after refresh.

Joomla 3.91

Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #2667 by Piet
Piet replied the topic: White Page after accepting cookies
SOLVED: :-)

I had an mistake in the Access Level config.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #2808 by rogernclarke
rogernclarke replied the topic: White Page after accepting cookies
Any chance you could tell me exactly what you changed to fix the problem? I might be having the same problem and I can't work it out. It doesn't look like any posts on this forum have been replied to for a while so need any help I can get!

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #2809 by Piet
Piet replied the topic: White Page after accepting cookies
Hi,

unfortunately I do not know exactly what I had done because I wasn't able to get it running as i want.

What I have done was to take the documentation and checked the steps regarding the ACL config. I have added a group like 'Accepted Cookies' and set this in Plugins: 'System - EU e-Privacy Directive'.

Somewhere here in this steps I had made a mistake. But with the document by the hand I was able to find what I had done wrong.

Good luck!

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #2810 by rogernclarke
Ah, ok, thanks. I've found another post on this forum from 6 months ago that had a very similar problem to mine which seemed to be a conflict with acymailing, for which a solution doesn't appear to have been suggested.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #2813 by rogernclarke
Well, I found out what the issue was after a fair few hours of analyzing the code in the plugin. I'll post the answer here as I can't see it covered in the documentation and there don't seem to be replies to forum posts from the developer at the moment.

If you create a system access level of "Accepted Cookies" that is set for users who accept cookies then you also have to set that access level against at least one of the cookies you specify in your list of cookies within the plugin. If you don't do this then the privacy plugin attempts to load all of the plugins with access level set to public and they seem to fail whilst being loaded. If you set at least one of the cookies to have a level of "Accepted Cookies" then the privacy plugin only tries to load plugins with an access level set to "Accepted Cookies", so if you don't have any of those then the website then loads correctly. The reason it seemed to be acymailing plugins causing the issue is that they were being loaded first - I had other plugins that also wouldn't load. I don't know if there is an underlying problem with loading these plugins that shouldn't happen, but this now works for me.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum