SSL Labs Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× Extension Discussions

Sessionkeeper text - how can I change that

More
4 months 5 days ago #138 by NickOg
NickOg created the topic: Sessionkeeper text - how can I change that
Hi

Using the excellent and greatly appreciated sessionkeeper. One question though - how can I change the text that reports a session timeout??

Regards

Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 23 hours ago #142 by michael
michael replied the topic: Sessionkeeper text - how can I change that
Sorry for the delay - big issue with one of my customers. I have a buttload of videos to re-encode, but I've got it sorted and can get back to my own stuff now.

OK, so Session Keeper uses standard Joomla translation files. This means you can use the Extensions > Language(s) > Overrides feature of Joomla to change the text (yay!)

While in the Overrides view, choose "Administrator" from the "Filter" menu on the left and then click the "New" button.

Because there are 2 different display options and they behave slightly different, there are 2 language constants. So you'll need to alter the correct one for your setup.

PLG_SYS_SESSIONKEEPER_JSWARNINGMESSAGE for javascript notification or
PLG_SYS_SESSIONKEEPER_WARNINGMESSAGE for the modal notification

Pick one, and paste it into the "Language Constant" field of the form.

In the "Text" field of the form (directly below Language Constant), you'll type the new text you want displayed.

Save it and it's done.

This method of changing the output will survive upgrades and it's a good thing. I'm about to release a new version of Session Keeper that uses the Joomla updater (as well as a few performance enhancements)

I hope everything goes well, and let me know if you need any more info!

More
4 months 20 hours ago #144 by NickOg
NickOg replied the topic: Sessionkeeper text - how can I change that
That is fine Michael. Thanks for that clear explanation, I should have remembered that! No problems with the delay - it happen to all of us even in retirement! I will check it out - a delay first while I go mix some concrete.

I will keep my eye out for the new version

Regards

Nick

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum