SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io ScoreHSTS Preloaded

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× Extension Discussions

Trying to get property 'id' of non-object in /plugins/system/nomadpro/nomadpro.p

More
2 months 1 week ago #3971 by trifecta
Thanks for taking the extra effort for the release notes! Love your extensions. Wish there was more quality extensions like yours out there. So many are absolute rubbish.

SNF was what was the turning point for me. It took a long time to establish if kubernetes was actually going to work as there was no documentation out there for putting Joomla on kubernetes, unless you want to use a VM which of course is the same pain as bare metal.

I just need to learn how to setup a ingress/egress for nginx loadbalancer (gcloud marketplace nginx deployment won't mount SNF) and hopefully i can get all of my services to mount my SNF all from scratch.

Any advice or tips you would be able to share? No, I am not looking for how to :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #3972 by michael
I'm actually giving a presentation at Joomladay Texas on Sept 28th where I detail my strategy. I'm planing on recording it and putting it up on YouTube and my site.

It takes a custom PHP image (because the factory image is missing a few things that Joomla needs - namely mysqli/pdo_mysql). Then there is a matter of configuring shared storage.

The real gem though - deployments. I couldn't get it to work consistently until I discovered how to use deployments - groups of containers that are deployed together and can share configurations. That was the key.

More
2 months 1 week ago #3973 by trifecta
Oh my, that would be super fascinating. Yes, please share. I can deploy php, nginx, and nfs independently, but getting a proper load balancing setup is the last bit of the puzzle. You see these deployments (nginx marketplace) and they are using 6-8 scripts where to get basic functionality is around 4. The REAL concern of course is getting everything to work together.

I was hoping to run mysql on a separate server (cost saving) then move to mysql service when it becomes big enough. My problem is big database queries.

Anyway, I look forward to your presentation!

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #3974 by michael
That was the same conclusion I came to, except I never plan to move the SQL server into the cluster. MariaDB has its own clustering built in (Galera) and will always outperform a containerized SQL server (with the same number of nodes). So I named my first node with expansion in mind, and plan to grow it into a cluster using HAProxy to distribute the load when that day comes. I read an interesting article about using HAProxy to distribute selects, but send all insert/update queries to a specific server to prevent fragmentation. It was very interesting.

Regarding load balancing - did you know that Kubernetes has a built in load balancer? I'm using NGINX as a reverse proxy, sending requests to the Kub load balancer (and often first to a Varnish cache server). It's ridiculously fast, and gives the ability to manage SSL certificates outside of the cluster.
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by michael.

More
2 months 1 week ago #3975 by trifecta
Hmmm, I will have to look into that. I just started using proxysql, becauase that was allowing me to send individual SQL queries to different databases for my region based customers, and to host that data locally to that user.

I will definitely look into HAproxy, Galera and the Kub Loadbalancer.

Nice shout!

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #3999 by trifecta
Hi Michael,

I am still getting this error, even after the upgrade. I am getting this error while viewing a custom component.

Line 38 is:
if ($grouprules = array_filter((array) $this->params->get('grouprules', array()), array($this, 'filterGroup')))
{
$firstrule = array_shift($grouprules);
$this->doredirect = $firstrule->homepage;
return true;
}

One last item for you, When the pop-up appears due to timeout, the javascript link is in http. I get an (blocked:mixed-content) on this links because my site is https only. I have the joomla global configuration for SSL, so maybe there is a way to monitor that setting and set the URL accordingly, or just have a drop down to specify in the plugin area?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.