SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× Extension Discussions

ePrivacy plugin not affecting cookies set when GTM is used

More
4 months 6 days ago #404 by RCheesley
RCheesley created the topic: ePrivacy plugin not affecting cookies set when GTM is used
Hi there,

Firstly thanks for the work you've done on this extension, and the clear documentation.

I have a query which I couldn't find the answer for on your site or by tinkering about with the extension.

We use Google Tag Manager (GTM) extensively on pretty much every website we deploy. The GTM code is written into our templates (more https://github.com/ViryaGroup/GTM-Joomla-Templates here) so that the correct containers are loaded automatically based on the environment (rather than load one container on dev/staging/uat/live) therefore it is not currently rendered by a plugin or module in Joomla.

Is there any way to clear/block cookies being set by scripts that are deployed via GTM, or would this require a Joomla plugin to be used which would, therefore, allow you to make use of the access level feature?

Thanks in advance,

Ruth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 5 days ago #405 by michael
michael replied the topic: ePrivacy plugin not affecting cookies set when GTM is used
There isn't a way to block 3rd party cookies from a template, because templates aren't loaded like other extensions - I can't specify an access level to prevent them from loading. Maybe if they were implemented as a plugin....

More
4 months 5 days ago #406 by michael
michael replied the topic: ePrivacy plugin not affecting cookies set when GTM is used
That looks easily implemented as a plugin - I'll take a close look at that right now.

More
4 months 5 days ago #407 by michael
OK, I created a Google Tag Manager plugin to facilitate entering these tags into the head and body. Configuration is simple, paste the code provided by Google and the plugin will do the rest. If you assign this plugin to the accepted cookies access level, the ePrivacy extension will be able to control the cookies.

Yay!
Attachments:

More
4 months 5 days ago #408 by michael
I installed on this website, so if you look at the source, you'll see it in the head and the opening body tag.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum