SSL Labs Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× Extension Discussions

EU e-Privacy Directive - Click error using IOS 10 Safari mobile 10

More
1 week 6 days ago #455 by user_francesco
user_francesco created the topic: EU e-Privacy Directive - Click error using IOS 10 Safari mobile 10
Hi,
I use last Joomla 3 and Virtuemart versions on this site www.taichionline.it/
Using IOS 10 Safari mobile 10 people can't close the banner. Using IOS 11 Safari mobile 11 everything works fine. I also installed JQuery Easy and tryed changing Javascript Framework Moo tools option or Jquery, but on mobile 10 the problem persists. I know that because I use a session video recording service and the problem is always the same with all visitors. Is it possible to solve this issue? I'm ready to pay for the solution and I can provide to you my site credential via e-mail if needed.

Please answer soon if you can because I have a Adwords campaign on and it is a pitty to pay for clicks that can't be converted.

Thank you, best regards
Francesco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #456 by michael
michael replied the topic: EU e-Privacy Directive - Click error using IOS 10 Safari mobile 10
You're using version 2.14 of my plugin - and the latest is 3.5

Try with the latest release.

More
1 week 4 days ago #457 by user_francesco
user_francesco replied the topic: EU e-Privacy Directive - Click error using IOS 10 Safari mobile 10
Hi Michael,
yesterday I installed 3.5 version, but 7 hours ago there was the same problem. A person using a tablet 768x1024 using Safari mobile 10 and IOS 10 tryed 7 times to click ad close the banner without success, then lived the site.

Best regards
Francesco

More
1 week 4 days ago #459 by michael
michael replied the topic: EU e-Privacy Directive - Click error using IOS 10 Safari mobile 10
Your CSS has the decline button hidden with this bit: .decline{display:none}

Because the decline text wasn't translated, I can only assume that it has always been hidden. I can believe that it's rather impossible for anyone to click the decline button, regardless of the device they use, because it was deliberately hidden by your style.

Additionally, you aren't running the module - preventing your users the option of reconsidering their cookie decision. You may as well choose another cookie extension if you don't want to give your users the choices that my extension offers. What you're looking for is the "Implied Consent" brand of cookie extension - where users have no choice.

More
1 week 4 days ago #460 by user_francesco
user_francesco replied the topic: EU e-Privacy Directive - Click error using IOS 10 Safari mobile 10
Hi,
thank you for your answer. I use the same banner text and option as Joomla does in my country www.joomla.it/
Maybe as you said I have to change plugin. I'm sorry for it because your plugin works well almost with all OS and browsers.
Thank you
Best regards
Francesco

More
1 week 4 days ago #461 by michael
The text you use makes no difference to me. What you've done is purposefully hidden the decline button - then complain that users cannot click it. On top of that, you didn't follow the instructions to place the module to allow users to reconsider their cookie decision.

I think you might do well to consult with an attorney so he can explain the law to you.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum