SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× Extension Discussions

Favicon component worked perfectly until I upgraded PHP

More
10 months 1 week ago #538 by AndreB1404
AndreB1404 created the topic: Favicon component worked perfectly until I upgraded PHP
One of my websites was upgraded to PHP 7.0.27 and now I get the following message when I try to add a new favicon:
Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; plgSystemFavicon has a deprecated constructor in /plugins/system/favicon/favicon.php on line 14
Still working fine on the websites with PHP 5.6.33
Any plans to fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #560 by michael
michael replied the topic: Favicon component worked perfectly until I upgraded PHP
Sure - today is bug day....apparently.

I've got a language bug with another extension. When I'm done with that I'll fix this and release a new version.

More
10 months 1 week ago #564 by michael
michael replied the topic: Favicon component worked perfectly until I upgraded PHP
Fixed! Update to 1.21 now available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AndreB1404

More
10 months 1 week ago #567 by AndreB1404
AndreB1404 replied the topic: Favicon component worked perfectly until I upgraded PHP
Thanks for the prompt response Michael and thank you for a great product. It takes the pain of favicons after template upgrades away.

More
10 months 1 week ago #568 by AndreB1404
AndreB1404 replied the topic: Favicon component worked perfectly until I upgraded PHP
Oh golly, I just downloaded version 1.21 (pkg_favicon-1.21.zip) but the install fails with: Install path does not exist.
Package Update: There was an error installing an extension. Joomla 3.8.4

More
10 months 1 week ago #569 by AndreB1404
I managed to work around the problem by unzipping the package and installing the component and plugin separately.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum