SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× Extension Discussions

Favicon component worked perfectly until I upgraded PHP

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #538 by AndreB1404
AndreB1404 created the topic: Favicon component worked perfectly until I upgraded PHP
One of my websites was upgraded to PHP 7.0.27 and now I get the following message when I try to add a new favicon:
Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; plgSystemFavicon has a deprecated constructor in /plugins/system/favicon/favicon.php on line 14
Still working fine on the websites with PHP 5.6.33
Any plans to fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #560 by michael
michael replied the topic: Favicon component worked perfectly until I upgraded PHP
Sure - today is bug day....apparently.

I've got a language bug with another extension. When I'm done with that I'll fix this and release a new version.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #564 by michael
michael replied the topic: Favicon component worked perfectly until I upgraded PHP
Fixed! Update to 1.21 now available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AndreB1404

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #567 by AndreB1404
AndreB1404 replied the topic: Favicon component worked perfectly until I upgraded PHP
Thanks for the prompt response Michael and thank you for a great product. It takes the pain of favicons after template upgrades away.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #568 by AndreB1404
AndreB1404 replied the topic: Favicon component worked perfectly until I upgraded PHP
Oh golly, I just downloaded version 1.21 (pkg_favicon-1.21.zip) but the install fails with: Install path does not exist.
Package Update: There was an error installing an extension. Joomla 3.8.4

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #569 by AndreB1404
I managed to work around the problem by unzipping the package and installing the component and plugin separately.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum