SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× Extension Discussions

Favicon component worked perfectly until I upgraded PHP

More
1 year 4 months ago #587 by michael
michael replied the topic: Favicon component worked perfectly until I upgraded PHP
OK, lets look at this differently.

In your Joomla /administrator - go to System > System Information and press the "Download as Text" button. This is like a sanitized system inventory. It tells details, but not too detailed. It strips out paths, passwords, usernames and gives an overall system landscape. This is the same detail you would be asked to post in the Joomla forums.

Please attach that file so I can take a look. Here's what mine looks like for my development system:

File Attachment:

File Name: systeminfo...6_00.txt
File Size:79 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #588 by AndreB1404
AndreB1404 replied the topic: Favicon component worked perfectly until I upgraded PHP
OK, here is my System information txt file. Hope it helps...Tx

File Attachment:

File Name: systeminfo...1_00.txt
File Size:93 KB
Attachments:

More
1 year 4 months ago #589 by AndreB1404
AndreB1404 replied the topic: Favicon component worked perfectly until I upgraded PHP
Hi Michael, I have now hit Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error in my test system. After running a check, I got the following JSON syntax error in one of the extensions columns of my Joomla database: Row 10123 is not valid JSON. Error: (Syntax error) Content: {"assignments":"{"scalar":""}","default":1} The plugin in question here is "plg_system_favicon".
Apparently since Joomla 3.6.4 the syntax are more strictly enforced. I now have a syntax error loop in my test backend and will not be able to get out until I manually fix the table entry in the database.....TX...Andre

More
1 year 4 months ago #590 by AndreB1404
PS. I don't know the correct syntax, so you will have to help me out with it please.

More
1 year 4 months ago #592 by michael
michael replied the topic: Favicon component worked perfectly until I upgraded PHP
OK, I'm not sure why it was stored as a scalar.....the Joomla DB classes take care of JSON encoding.... Whatever...

Here's what my test server looks like with 2 icons - the first is set as the default, the second is assigned to a single menu item.
{"default":1,"assignments":{"2":["101"]}}

There are 2 values default and assignments.

default is an integer representing your default icon. That's fine in your JSON

assignments is a JSON object where the attribute is the icon id and the value is an array of menu item ids. The example above shows one id, if you had multple it would look like this ["101","102","103","104"]

So, the answer you seek depends on your icons and assignments. You could try to hand-code all of your assignments, or you could let the extension do that for you.

Replace the error json with: {"default":1,"assignments":[]}

Then open the favicon component and re-assign the area specific icons.

More
1 year 4 months ago #593 by AndreB1404
Thanks Michael, the JSON replacement in the database got me out of the loop. The loop happened when I wanted to save the first icon after setting it as "default". Immediately after I clicked the save, it came back with the JSON syntax loop. In the meantime, I still get the white screen on the other test site when I try to add the first icon.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum