SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× Extension Discussions

Instal Failed / System Software Log

More
6 months 9 hours ago #774 by emedia
emedia created the topic: Instal Failed / System Software Log
I'm working on an otherwise healthy and relatively new site, all up to date w/Joomla 3.8.5 and PHP 7.1.13.

Purchased and installed the System Software Log. Instal failed with the error message below:

(Also not sure if this is the best place to post. "Subscriber Support" does not seem to have a way to a direct ticket and I don't see a category for Software Log in the Forum.

ERROR:

Warning
JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL Invalid default value for 'changedate'
Extension Install: SQL error processing query: DB function failed with error number 1067
Invalid default value for 'changedate'
SQL =

CREATE TABLE `#__plg_system_softlog` (
`extension_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
`type` varchar(100) NOT NULL,
`user` int(11) NOT NULL,
`name` varchar(100) NOT NULL,
`changedate` datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT current_timestamp(),
`operation` varchar(100) NOT NULL,
`version_from` varchar(100) NOT NULL,
`version_to` varchar(100) NOT NULL,
`params` text NOT NULL
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

Error
Error installing plugin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #776 by michael
michael replied the topic: Instal Failed / System Software Log
That's a known issue in Joomla for newer MySQL versions. Your MySQL server is set to "STRICT_MODE". There is no solution other than database modifications.

github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/9380

If you're comfortable running queries on your sql server - this will enable your server to install the extension:
SET GLOBAL sql_mode=''

This solution is temporary, it does not survive a sql server restart. So you could install, my extension - and if it happens with another extension after server restart you would need to run that query again.

I'll work on a solution for the installer, so you and others won't have to go through this.

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #777 by emedia
emedia replied the topic: Instal Failed / System Software Log
Michael,

I'm sorry to say that's quite an unsatisfactory answer. As this is a known (and serious) issue, why is it not disclosed in your product description? Or at the very least in your FAQ or Documentation? Seriously, the whole point of using this product would be TRACK updates. Not create additional work (and potentially make your site less secure). The fact that this additional work would randomly get changed upon server reset (which a web developer does not typically control) makes the product useless.

I realize this is a very small purchase, (and I'm not a lawyer) but I would suggest you come up with a solution quickly or proactively offer refunds to anyone using this product. Currently selling a product that you know only works with older versions of MySQL and potentially makes a site less secure (AND NOT DISCLOSING IT) is not cool.

Marc

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #778 by michael
This version should resolve that issue.

File Attachment:

File Name: plg_system....0.4.zip
File Size:52 KB

I'll have this up on the site shortly
Attachments:

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #779 by emedia
emedia replied the topic: Instal Failed / System Software Log
Well, I must say that was quick. You say it SHOULD resolve the issue. Have you had a chance to test it?

More
5 months 4 weeks ago #780 by michael
Replying to both of your responses.

I didn't disclose it because not everyone can reproduce it. It's not an issue specifically with my extension(s) - it's a PHP/MySQL issue. It happens to some people on servers that haven't been configured to fix it.

My servers don't exhibit this issue - so I researched workarounds and found something that I didn't previously know and I re-coded my extension to accommodate it. Both sets of code run on my servers.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum