SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× Extension Discussions

Session Keeper - login module on all pages

More
3 months 5 days ago #1401 by jjnxpct
jjnxpct created the topic: Session Keeper - login module on all pages
Hi! When the login module is active on all pages of the website, does this mean a logged in user never 'loses' his/her session and never get's logged out? If have a site that has registered frontend users. And a lofgin module on every page of the site. And they clain the need to login again after some idle time. Can that be accurate?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 5 days ago #1418 by michael
michael replied the topic: Session Keeper - login module on all pages
I had to read that twice, because I didn't register that they are being timed out....

It's possible that they're falling victim to the recent trend in browsers to throttle CPU for hidden tabs. Maybe when those tabs are not visible, there isn't enough CPU to initiate the AJAX request that keeps sessions active.

I see it when I do animations. If the animation is in a background tab, when that tab is restored, the animation is all messed up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jjnxpct

More
3 months 5 days ago #1420 by jjnxpct
jjnxpct replied the topic: Session Keeper - login module on all pages
OK, so that would only happen if the open a new browser tab while keeping the website tab open? I guess that might explain their issue. I think that's something that can;t be helped on the website / plugin side. I will let this client know this might happen when the navigate away from the site to a new tab. If the want to 'stay alive' they should remain on the page.

Thanks!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum