SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× Extension Discussions

Auth Log and geographic location info

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #1459 by samw
samw created the topic: Auth Log and geographic location info
I've just purchased, downloaded and installed Auth Log. Everything is working as described except that, so far, clicking IP addresses in the J! backend produces no geographic location results for any IP address. That is, the window which is supposed to pop up with whatever information is available for a given IP, just never shows up at all.

This is a test site with a few fake users. I've logged in from a couple of local locations and my phone, and I've also tried manipulating the apparent IP with a VPN to see if that matters, but nothing causes the window w/geographic information to appear for any IP. Is that the default behavior when no data is returned?

I've typed a few of these IPs into online locators and they do return location information, so I'm thinking something is not working correctly.

Btw - this is a duplicate of a support ticket I filed on 5/14 - sorry for the duplication, but I wanted to be sure you saw it, so I'm posting in the forum too.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #1465 by michael
michael replied the topic: Auth Log and geographic location info
I check the tickets every few days, sorry you fell into the lull..

Do you have any javascript console messages? When you click the link it should be making an XHR request to the lookup service. If something is going wrong with that request, it will appear in the javascript console log.

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #1466 by samw
samw replied the topic: Auth Log and geographic location info
No worries, and thank you for replying. Yes, there are messages in the console. It says,

Loading failed for the <script> with source “ mysite.com/media/plg_user_authlog/js/plg_user_authlog.min.js

and also says,

ReferenceError: plg_user_authlog is not defined

Thank you for your help.

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #1470 by samw
samw replied the topic: Auth Log and geographic location info
I just looked at the file structure and it looks like that directory did not install - I'm thinking I should just try installing the plugin again?

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #1471 by michael
It's worth a try - I'll doublecheck the installer.

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #1472 by michael
Something else to consider - if your /media folder has the wrong permissions, the installer may not be able to copy the files to it.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum