SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× Extension Discussions

Even more delicious cookies!

More
6 months 1 week ago #1751 by michael
michael created the topic: Even more delicious cookies!
My head is about to explode! My EU e-Privacy...

My head is about to explode! My EU e-Privacy Directive extension is being recommended by everyone....everywhere! I'm having a hard time keeping up with the support and feature requests because of this surge in popularity.

Dozens of Italian government websites, dozens of review and how-to websites, even some well respected Joomla developers are using my extension!

https://github.com/akeeba/com_datacompliance/issues/2

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 days ago #1866 by Tim
Tim replied the topic: Even more delicious cookies!
I logged-in just to reply to this and say honestly - 'thank you'.
I love the stance and approach you have taken to this extension's behaviour and interpretation of GDPR law.
I really appreciate that you provide this free when so many others are making what must be a lot of profit from their own versions.
It's well made, timely and despite how busy you are / were, you replied to my forum post very

Well done ;o)
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael

More
6 months 2 days ago #1877 by michael
michael replied the topic: Even more delicious cookies!
I initially wrote this extension during the EU e-Privacy Directive roll out (the reason for my unimaginative plugin name) and the landscape wasn't any different then. Lots of plugins doing the exact same thing - allowing cookies with a warning and no chance to decline.... One developer got so pissed at me for writing this, he got himself permanently banned from the JED as a result.

Good times!

More
6 months 2 days ago #1879 by Hamsa
Hamsa replied the topic: Even more delicious cookies!
Yeah,
I support Tim here!!
The art of your work is very plesant, with a little humor and I have seen you are simply interested in the subject.
The challenge to detect why something is not working as expected or makes trouble and then digging into the problem.
Even the fact you are not under the EU GDPR, however you wrote a plugin for it.
Thank you for your quick responses and of course for your solutions during sleep ;-)
I will certainly check other SW from your coding production and I am very interested to see future functionality of the GDPR plugin.

stay healthy
Sven
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum