SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io ScoreHSTS Preloaded

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× Extension Discussions

Fields - subform render into article

More
2 years 3 months ago #2233 by michael
OK, I see - for that you need a template.

I just finished with evening chores, my family wants tacos - so when I get back, I'll sort these out for you. Once you get your head wrapped around all of the pieces, you'll be slinging subforms for all sorts of stuff. Almost every page of my site has at least one subform working for it. Some are for metadata (like the twitter subform), others for content. It's super flexible. We can make it do everything you want.

You're one of only about a dozen people who have purchased it. Most of the others are developers like me, so they never give any feedback. Helping you is helping me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #2234 by michael
OK, a slight change to the template for DCMI. Change the foreach line to this:

foreach((array)$data->contributor as $contributor) $doc->addCustomTag('<meta name="DC.Contributor" content="'.htmlspecialchars($contributor->value).'">');

I forgot to add the value property to $contributor

More
2 years 3 months ago #2237 by GetToNet
OK, this works when the field type in my xml is subform.

Another task is to display all values of this (using my own template):
<form>
<field type="text" name="value" default="" label="test-form-value" description="" />
</form>

Multiple:true.

These values need to be displayed in the article and in the metadata at the same time. How? :)

btw, we have 7hours difference in time zones, I couldn't stay awake while you were providing tacos...

More
2 years 3 months ago #2239 by GetToNet
I did it, don't bother :)
7 hours difference gave me time to figure it out myself, hope you had a good sleep while I was learning :)

My next goal is to search-filer articles by these fields. I see there are few extensions available, but none of them offer search by subgroup field.

For example I have a field named "contributor" which is a subgroup field:
<form>
<field type="subform" name="contributor" multiple="true"
layout="joomla.form.field.subform.repeatable-table"
label=""
description="" >
<form>
<field type="text" name="value" default="" label="Contributor" description="" />
</form>
</field>
</form>

So I have several names in there. Do you have any idea how to build a search box that would return all articles where desired text is found in that specific field values?

More
2 years 3 months ago #2240 by michael
The search component already searches field values (even the subform field values). I tested with the data I used in the automatic-table video I made. Searching for "Alexander" returned the article where I entered that data.

Joomla already does it.

More
2 years 3 months ago #2245 by GetToNet
You're partially right - because when you search by fields you can narrow the search, which is not possible through core search component.

For example you have search box for field "book_author" and another one for the field "publisher". Then you'll be able to find a book by that author AND that publisher. If I'm right, in Joomla search component you don't get to choose AND, so search results would be every book by that author and every book by that publisher.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.