SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io ScoreHSTS Preloaded

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× Extension Discussions

subform - other custom field

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #3842 by BodgeIT
Hi Michael,
Wondering if you ever got inspired to allow for selection of custom fields as discussed here?
Haven't seen any other plugin come close to this functionality.

Cheers
Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #3846 by michael
Location field is something I'm working on for a customer. They have a LOT of location fields in their plans, and because of the recent Google announcement that GMaps won't be free for high-volumes, I'm looking into a Cesium JS integration for this.

To use it, it would require that you run a Cesium JS installation (a lot of overhead).

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #3847 by BodgeIT
Hi Michael,
Was actually enquiring about the ability to use other custom fields as opposed to Location field...

Cheers
Gary

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #3848 by michael
I see...that's still a tough one to deliver. Right now, the Joomla API has provisions to implement field plugins within components. No provision exists within the API to implement them within plugins or modules.

My extension allows a developer to implement custom fields within the subform, but not field plugins (because again, the API makes no provision for such things).

Depending on the field, I might consider writing articles describing how to implement those fields within a subform XML definition. Basically, the subform can contain any native Joomla field type, and can contain any field type defined within the XML. So there really isn't any limitation other than having the ability to code a field within the XML, which is easy enough to describe.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.