SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io ScoreHSTS Preloaded

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

Remove type="text/javascript" from js script tags that are inserted

More
1 year 3 months ago #2487 by jjnxpct
Hi Richey,

I believe adding type="text/javascript" to a js script tag is no longer needed. Maybe you can change this in the Head tag plugin?

I am not sure I have mentioned this before on the forum. Could not find it, but if I did, sorry for double posting ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #2488 by jjnxpct
I believe something similar appplies to css inlcude tags. They do not need type="text/css" anymore. But I might be wrong ;-)

I've looked into the Joomla documentation and when using 'addScript' there is an option to specify the type, but maybe not an option not include it at all... If you don;t use it, it defaults to "text/javascript". So maybe this should be addressed at the CMS level.

docs.joomla.org/Adding_JavaScript
api.joomla.org/1.5/Joomla-Framework/Docu...ument.html#addScript

More
9 months 2 days ago #2820 by jjnxpct
Found this on the Joomla CMS Github:

In 3.x, Joomla core defaults to XHTML/HTML4 compliant syntax which uses the `type` attributes.
In 4.0, Joomla core defaults to HTML5 which omits `type` attributes for default types.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #3783 by michael
Somehow I missed this post. I'll look into that. The plugin uses the Joomla API to insert javascript, so I'm not sure if there's an option to omit the type property - but I'll look.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.