SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io ScoreHSTS Preloaded

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

EU - eprivacy plugin - Settings button

More
1 month 6 days ago #4058 by Werner
Hi,

first of all I want to say thank you for the good work of the eprivacy plugin.
Many settings - easy to use it is optimal to get a quick, simple and extensive solution for the gdpr-thing.

I have just a little suggestion.
Mostly our sites are used from people who are not interested in the gdpr or the technical use from cookies.
That is why I would suggest to show a Settings-button where you see the list where you can decline cookies. When the list is shown without the button the users get a little shocked from the cookies we use - and we use only 2 cookies ;)

But because of the shown list the user feels like the site is complicated or his data will be used everywhere. I know that therefore is the field description, but user don't read it so much because they simply want to use the site.

So I think it would be easier to read and to show with the settings-button.

Thank you for reading my suggestion.

Greetings!

Jenny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 6 days ago #4060 by michael
I like it.... So, the generic message with a button to display the cookie list. If they say yes, it's yes to all - if they display cookies, they have the option to select individual cookies.

Does that sound like what you had in mind?

More
1 month 5 days ago #4061 by Werner
Yeah! That is exaclty what I mean :)

More
1 month 5 days ago #4064 by michael
OK. I'll look into that. To maintain backwards compatibility and not mess up what is already in place on existing installs - this will be an option that needs to be turned on.

More
1 month 5 days ago #4066 by Werner
That sounds good. If it's an option the admin can decide if he wants the button or the list like it is today.

More
1 month 5 days ago #4073 by michael
Exactly what I was thinking. It will be something like a radio toggle, labeled something like "show individual cookies" with the default being yes. If no, it shows the button.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.