SSL Labs Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

EU e-Privacy Directive - Policy URL open on external page option?

More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #458 by bongriff
bongriff created the topic: EU e-Privacy Directive - Policy URL open on external page option?
Greetings...

Is there a code hack... or a way I can set the Policy URL to launch on an external page or link to an external page?

I maintain EU sites, with the "Policy Page" hosted and maintained in the USA... which I need to link too. Thus I need the "Policy Page" to open in a separate window and NOT track cookies on the EU site but allow visitors to read the company LEGAL Policy Page. (this is common practice for global companies, with EU branches)

EU e-Privacy Directive is the best solution out there, with both the legal counsels in the EU and USA approving this option only!

Special thank you for the updates!!

BonGriff
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by bongriff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 days 7 hours ago #477 by michael
michael replied the topic: EU e-Privacy Directive - Policy URL open on external page option?
Wow, you have legal counsels approving my extension? That's awesome! And I thought I was being paranoid by following the letter of the law!

Open in a new window.....I can make that happen... I don't really see a reason not to always open it in a new window as does the ever present law link....

I'll post another reply when I get that worked out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bongriff

More
4 days 6 hours ago #478 by michael
michael replied the topic: EU e-Privacy Directive - Policy URL open on external page option?
3.5.2 is released. The policy URL now opens in a new window just like the EU law link. Your site will find this update in about 20 minutes when my site automation re-generates the XML update files.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bongriff

More
11 hours 15 minutes ago #490 by bongriff
bongriff replied the topic: EU e-Privacy Directive - Policy URL open on external page option?
Michael,

First off THANK YOU for the response to this request... and the overall great module you have.
Second... I am not sure what I am doing wrong? As it's not opening in a second window for me.
I am using Page Ribbon Display Type, with version Site Plugin 3.5.3 Jan 2011 Michael Richey system 10246 10243

www.membercaremedia.com

More
5 hours 19 minutes ago #493 by michael
NOT COOL! I forgot how I wrote that part.... The ribbon is generated entirely by javascript. All of my new window modifications targeted the PHP generated output.

Sorry, issuing 3.5.4 in a few minutes.

More
5 hours 12 minutes ago #494 by michael
OK, 3.5.4 is ready now, but your site won't pick it up for about 34 minutes (when my site automation recognizes the change and re-generates the update XML file)

You can download it now from the extension page.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum