SSL Labs Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

Top of the Page - Bug: Opacity set to 0 and Opacity setting missing from plugin

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #222 by n8solutions
n8solutions created the topic: Top of the Page - Bug: Opacity set to 0 and Opacity setting missing from plugin
Hello Michael,

I was trying out the new free version of the Top of the Page plugin. I have found it loading correctly but it is not visible. Upon inspecting the page I found that the Opacity is set to 0. The Opacity setting is also missing from the Button tab (it was there in a previous version) in the plugin options so I have no way of adjusting the Opacity value. As a test I uninstalled the new one and installed a previous version and everything worked just fine straight out of the box. Upon reinstalling the new version the same issue presented itself.

regards,

N8 Solutions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #223 by n8solutions
n8solutions replied the topic: Top of the Page - Bug: Opacity set to 0 and Opacity setting missing from plugin
Here is a picture for reference. I hovered the mouse over the code in the inspector so it would highlight where the button should be but also to show that it was not visible. You can also see the Opacity setting in the code as well.

Attachments:

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #224 by n8solutions
n8solutions replied the topic: Top of the Page - Bug: Opacity set to 0 and Opacity setting missing from plugin
One more quick update. If I leave an older version installed, in this case v2.4.3, then upgrade to v.3.0, then the opacity setting is set to 1. It appears it is only an issue upon doing a new installation without an older version being currently installed.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #226 by rwadmin
rwadmin replied the topic: Top of the Page - Bug: Opacity set to 0 and Opacity setting missing from plugin
OK, that gives me a place to start looking. Thanks n8solutions - I'll be in touch soon

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #227 by rwadmin
rwadmin replied the topic: Top of the Page - Bug: Opacity set to 0 and Opacity setting missing from plugin
I can't seem to reproduce it. When I go to your site, the button appears.

The button starts off with opacity:0 in order to allow it to fade into view.

What browser are you using?
Attachments:

More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #228 by n8solutions
Sorry about that. I didn't expect you to look at my site since I had't given the address but realized now it was in the screenshot. After I posted the issue I actually ended up delving in to your code to see if I could fix it and modified the xml file to get it to work. I was going to post my results but my dog needed a walk and I saw your replies when I returned. I have uninstalled my modifications and reinstalled the original with the errors.

I believe the problem is in the topofthepage.xml file.
Here is the code I found on line 50:
<field type="hidden" name="visibleopacity" value="100" />

I modified it with this:
<field type="text" name="visibleopacity" default="100"
          label="PLG_SYS_TOPOFTHEPAGE_VISIBLEOPACITY_LABEL"
          description="PLG_SYS_TOPOFTHEPAGE_VISIBLEOPACITY_DESC" />

The label and description were already entered in the en-GB.plg_system_topofthepage.ini so I did not need to add them.
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by n8solutions.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum