SSL Labs Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

administrator/?maillink=xxxx

More
5 months 17 hours ago #278 by Werdmuller
Werdmuller created the topic: administrator/?maillink=xxxx
Hi,

While trying out Adminexile and the recovery function with maillink, I'll get following error message? I.e. Joomla cannot get the mail out?

An error has occurred. Cannot access protected property JException::$mess

Thanks
regards Gerard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 16 hours ago #279 by michael
michael replied the topic: administrator/?maillink=xxxx
In /administrator, go to System > System Information > PHP Information (tab). Look for "Reflection" - I suspect you won't find it.

The Reflection classes offer the ability to access protected properties of objects (among other things)

I use it in AdminExile to prevent JMail errors from being displayed. My philosophy for AdminExile is to reveal nothing to an attacker.

So, if you're getting that error - there's something going wrong with the outgoing email - and because your server doesn't have Reflection, it's throwing an error.

I'll have a look at the code and see if there's another way I can do it....but it's doubtful.

I can definitely write a test to use Reflection only when it's available, but for the sake of security - you'd be better off if you had it installed.

More
5 months 16 hours ago #280 by michael
michael replied the topic: administrator/?maillink=xxxx
Oh yeah - check your PHP error log. When AdminExile detects a mailer error, it sends the error to the error log before using Reflection to suppress output to the user.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum