SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io ScoreHSTS Preloaded

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Admin Excile Pro logout

More
1 week 11 hours ago #4075 by joeblack
Hi Micheal,

I have a current subscription to Admin Excile pro. #561 2018-11-12 21:06

Is there a way to change the admin logout URL ?

When I logout from the backend it redirects me to example.com/administrator/index.php . This in turn generates a 404 error as the format is not example.com/administrator?one=two .
This is then logged as an attack, so I get locked out if I log in and out in quick succession.

I can't seem to find a setting to change the logout url.
If it makes a difference, new registrations are not allowed and no login module/menu item for login is published.

Regards, Brendan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 hours ago #4076 by michael
Replied by michael on topic Admin Excile Pro logout
The logout redirection sends you back to the /administrator URL. That's hardcoded into Joomla. I'd love to change that, but I haven't been able to come up with a way the core devs would accept to change it in the core.

Something you can do is enable the "allow re-entry" setting, which opens a short window where you can immediately log back in without a key. When enabled, you can specify how many seconds re-entry is allowed with no key. When enabled, logging out will display the login form (no 404, no strike) from which you can navigate away.

More
1 week 2 hours ago #4078 by joeblack
Replied by joeblack on topic Admin Excile Pro logout
Hi,
Thanks for confirming.
Yes, I know about the re-entry setting. Maybe this is a topic for a new plugin, or an additional override setting in adminexcile to override the core, without changing it.

I noticed this problem when I was setting up privileges for a second admin in the backend and was switching between 2 different users to check and adjust permissions in the back end.

Regards, Brendan

More
1 week 1 hour ago #4079 by michael
Replied by michael on topic Admin Excile Pro logout
I'll have another look at that problem. I'm always learning new things and coming up with new and interesting ways to do things I'm not supposed to do :) Maybe a loophole exists that I didn't see previously.

I just started testing in the new Joomla 4.0.0 beta 1 - so I'll be in the code for the next few days. I'll have a poke around and see what rules I can break.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.