SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io ScoreHSTS Preloaded

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

IP Whitelisting to allow only limited Users

More
4 months 5 days ago #4361 by angelina36
I just read the documentation and I still do not understand. I am attempting to block all users except for the IPs in a whitelist so no one except my permission can enter into the network. How do I accomplish this using vpn?

I tried changing DNS by PureVPN DNS, but it didn't helped me much. I've created a seperate whitelist file local and added and as whitelisting, but no help. It doesn't make sense that sometimes the VPN works but sometimes it doesn't.

I tried following these guides but still not sure
www.hostgator.com/help/article/how-to-wh...ip-windows-dedicated
www.malcare.com/blog/how-to-whitelist-an-ip-address/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #34167 by michael
There are a number of ways to accomplsh this - but if it was me, I'd opt for a solution using IPTables

You could create a simple rule to allow from an IPSet (where you can define a list of acceptable networks: 192.168.0.0/16, 10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/22) and block all others.

This approach takes load off the webserver and puts it onto the kernel and the network stack, where it's way more efficient.

Another approach would be to set up the webserver to ONLY listen on the VPN network device. That device only listening on the VPN network and not the public network would negate any requirement to block addresses, as the only addresses on the VPN network would be VPN clients.

Just some suggestions, there are more ways to do this - but these two would be the most efficient (least processor time required)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.