SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

no alt. certificate subject name matches target host name 'cdn.richeyweb.com'

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #2483 by Pheaonix
Pheaonix created the topic: no alt. certificate subject name matches target host name 'cdn.richeyweb.com'
Since today we cannot access website or backend.

The error message is:
0 - SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name 'cdn.richeyweb.com'

The advice in the other post was to disabable (plg_system_eprivacygeoip and plg_system_geoip) in phpmyadmin.
Having done this - it does not work either.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #2484 by michael
michael replied the topic: no alt. certificate subject name matches target host name 'cdn.richeyweb.com'
This can happen if your server is running an outdated version of openssl (like OpenSSL/0.9.8b).

I checked the cert on my CDN, and its alternative subject is "cdn.richeyweb.com", same as the common name.

Try updating your server to at least OpenSSL/1.0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pheaonix

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #2485 by Pheaonix
Pheaonix replied the topic: no alt. certificate subject name matches target host name 'cdn.richeyweb.com'
it works again...Additonally, i deleted the cache files via ftp

More
5 months 2 weeks ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #2486 by matpl
matpl replied the topic: no alt. certificate subject name matches target host name 'cdn.richeyweb.com'
I have OpenSSL/1.0.2k and got a similar message (Could not resolve host: cdn.richeyweb.com or Error 504 - Gateway Timeout
The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.) on 3 different Joomla sites. Disabling both geoip plugins in phpmyadmin temporary fixed mentioned issue.
Enabling it again, an issue remains.

Strange for me is a fact, that I have about 10 Joomla sites hosted on same server (everything updated), but I got error on only 3 sites.

Any ideas what can cause this issue?

Kind regards!
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by matpl.

More
4 months 1 day ago #2525 by michael
michael replied the topic: no alt. certificate subject name matches target host name 'cdn.richeyweb.com'
failure to resolve a hostname? The only issue can be a problem with the querying DNS server. Maybe overloaded?

I host my DNS on stackpath - they're super fast.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum