SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io Score

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Chrome camera sync issue

More
2 months 1 week ago #2818 by chavist
chavist created the topic: Chrome camera sync issue
I can't select other cameras in Chrome, which are selectable in Safari or Firefox.

Vendor tells me its a Chrome issue. Why? I posted a request in Google Chrome Support - did not help. Please help me figure this out.

I have a CamLink HDMI -> USB Interface that allows another Camera to be used on my Mac (Sony A7III). It works fine using other webcam enabled apps, like Zoom, GotoMeeting, etc. It will NOT work and is not selectable when using google Chrome.

To isolate the problem, I've gone to privacy, settings, camera - and selected the Camlink device as my default camera, and selected "always ask permission" to access cameras in Chrome.

But when I select the Camera Icon in the Address Bar when a site attempts access, it shows the screen below - with no ability to change the camera from the first one listed (the built in Facetime camera on a Macbook Pro).

I've turned off all extensions, I've also tried this in Ingognito, and tried using a non-managed account (personal Gmail) browser instance. None of these efforts allow me to select the camera.

I've also checked and verified the camera settings within Mac / System / Camera (again - the camera works perfectly using any other app)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Kunena Forum