Authentication - Email 2.4
A package of 2 plugins (1 system, 1 authentication) which provide Joomla the ability to accept email addresses instead of (or in addition to) usernames in the login form (authentication plugin) and the reset password form (system plugin).
- Download Authentication - Email from the RicheyWeb download page.
- This page will remain unlinked, as the link may change in the future. Visit http://www.richeyweb.com and use the search feature - search for "Authentication - Email".
- In Joomla /administrator, go to the "Extensions" menu, the "Manage" sub-menu, and the "Install" sub-menu.
- Select the "Upload Package File" tab
- Press the "Choose File" button to browse your system and locate the plugin file you downloaded
- Press the "Upload & Install" button
At this point, the extension is installed but not enabled. You can find the plugin by going to the Extensions menu and selecting "Plugins". When in the plugin manager, search for "Authentication - Email".
The only configuration to be done is to enable/disable plugins.
Enable the "Authentication - Email" authentication plugin to allow email addresses in the login form.
Enable the "Authentication - Email" system plugin to allow email addresses in the reset password form.
Disable the "Authentication - Joomla" authentication plugin to disable usernames in the login form.
Overriding Language Strings
Overriding the following language strings will allow you to replace "Username" with "Email Address" in login and password reset forms.
- COM_USERS_FIELD_RESET_CONFIRM_USERNAME_DESC="Enter your username."
- COM_USERS_LOGIN_REMIND="Forgot your username?"
- No help has ever been requested