Prevent one or more usergroups from changing their email addresses!
On request, I made this extension similar to my StaticPassword extension - it even works the same way.
Usage is simple - enable the plugin after selecting which usergroups will be prevented from email address changes (use CTRL or Mac Command key to select multiple). When saved, the users in those groups will not be presented with the email fields when editing their account details. Additionally, it prevents submission of email addresses in form data (just in case you get someone who thinks they're smarter than the plugin).
- Download StaticEmail from the RicheyWeb download page.
- This page will remain unlinked, as the link may change in the future. Visit http://www.richeyweb.com and use the search feature - search for "StaticEmail".
- In Joomla /administrator, go to the "Extensions" menu, the "Manage" sub-menu, and the "Install" sub-menu.
- Select the "Upload Package File" tab
- Press the "Choose File" button to browse your system and locate the plugin file you downloaded
- Press the "Upload & Install" button
At this point, the extension is installed but not enabled. You can find the plugin by going to the Extensions menu and selecting "Plugins". When in the plugin manager, search for "StaticEmail".
There is only one configuration - Restricted Groups. Choose one or more user groups and the members of those groups will be restricted from changing their email address while editing their profile.
Please submit bug reports!