Joomla itself offers a method to remove the generator tag from HTML pages, but not RSS or ATOM feeds. ByeByeGenerator resolves this discrepancy.
The plugin has only one configuration tab. All available options are found here.
- Generator: default "Remove"
- Options are:￼ Custom, Remove, Do Nothing
- Custom: default "PLG_SYS_BYEBYEGENERATOR_CUSTOM_DEFAULT"
- If altering tag (Custom), change this field to the value you want represented in the generator tag
- Robots: default "Keep"
- If you want the robots tag removed, set this value to "Remove"
- This plugin is so simple, there have never been any requests for help. If it's not working, it probably isn't enabled.