Profile History is what it sounds like - it tracks the historical values of profile fields.
- Download Profile History from the RicheyWeb download page.
- This page will remain unlinked, as the link may change in the future. Visit http://www.richeyweb.com and use the search feature - search for "Profile History".
- In Joomla /administrator, go to the "Extensions" menu, the "Manage" sub-menu, and the "Install" sub-menu.
- Select the "Upload Package File" tab
- Press the "Choose File" button to browse your system and locate the plugin file you downloaded
- Press the "Upload & Install" button
At this point, the extension is installed but not enabled. You can find the plugin by going to the Extensions menu and selecting "Plugins". When in the plugin manager, search for "Profile History". You will find 5 plugins - enable all of them.
There is not much to configure for basic operation. When the plugin is enabled, all changes to user profile fields are tracked. No facility is provided to delete the data because that would defeat the purpose of a data tracking plugin.
Sensitive data (passwords) is not recorded, although a record of its manipulation is tracked
The "Notify" feature can be enabled to reveal "Field Identifiers". When enabled, an administrator can identify specific fields which will trigger a notification email to the user being modified. The fields are identified by a "dot path", which is explained in this video:
Please contact me if you have any issues or if you need a custom data handler.