System - SCSS
System - SCSS is an automatic compilation plugin for templates that utilize SCSS markup for styling.
Rather than manually compile SCSS, this plugin allows changes to be uploaded to the website template/scss folder. When the plugin finds an SCSS file which is newer than the compiled CSS, it initiates a compilation operation.
If your template utilizes the Joomla Debug setting to switch between minified CSS and expanded CSS, this plugin can detect the presence of the minified version and automatically creates an unminified version to assist in debug.
- Download System - SCSS from the RicheyWeb download page.
- This page will remain unlinked, as the link may change in the future. Visit http://www.richeyweb.com and use the search feature - search for "SCSS".
- In Joomla /administrator, go to the "Extensions" menu, the "Manage" sub-menu, and the "Install" sub-menu.
- Select the "Upload Package File" tab
- Press the "Choose File" button to browse your system and locate the plugin file you downloaded
- Press the "Upload & Install" button
At this point, the extension is installed but not enabled. You can find the plugin by going to the Extensions menu and selecting "Plugins". When in the plugin manager, search for "SCSS".
Force Compile - enable this option when the file modified time may be in the past (extracting from an archive might cause this). Warning, this option should be enabled only for a short time. It will adversely affect your site performance if left on.
Compile Message - Enabling this option causes the plugin to display success/failure messages for the compilation operations. It will list every file that compiled successfully, and every file that failed to compile.
Compression Type - The compilation software offers 5 compression methods which range from no compression (Expanded and Nested) to high compression (Compressed) and some levels in-between. For best compression, use "Compressed"
Let me know what you need in the forums.