System - Voice Search
System - Voice Search adds a voice search capability to Joomla for compatible browsers. Currently, Chrome and Opera are the only browsers to support this feature. Firefox and Internet Explorer/Edge have future plans.
- Download System - Voice Search from the RicheyWeb download page.
- This page will remain unlinked, as the link may change in the future. Visit http://www.richeyweb.com and use the search feature - search for "System - Voice Search".
- In Joomla /administrator, go to the "Extensions" menu, the "Manage" sub-menu, and the "Install" sub-menu.
- Select the "Upload Package File" tab
- Press the "Choose File" button to browse your system and locate the plugin file you downloaded
- Press the "Upload & Install" button
At this point, the extension is installed but not enabled. You can find the plugin by going to the Extensions menu and selecting "Plugins". When in the plugin manager, search for "System - Voice Search".
Voice search can be added to other fields using CSS selectors. If you can design a selector to identify your input field, this plugin can attach voice recognition to it.
Please request help in the forums.