Similar plugins exist, but they are either limited in scope, or have terrible configuration interfaces. HeadTag aims to be an all-in-one solution to provide the ability to add the following types of tags to the document:
- Linked StyleSheet (CSS) files
- Style Declarations
- Custom tags (of any type)
The plugin can be used in two ways:
- By using the plugin configuration to designate tags to be inserted by specific menu item, access level, or user group.
- By plugin tags inserted into content items, descriptions or modules (which process content plugins).
- Download HeadTag from the RicheyWeb download page.
- This page will remain unlinked, as the link may change in the future. Visit http://www.richeyweb.com and use the search feature - search for "HeadTag".
- In Joomla /administrator, go to the "Extensions" menu, the "Manage" sub-menu, and the "Install" sub-menu.
- Select the "Upload Package File" tab
- Press the "Choose File" button to browse your system and locate the plugin file you downloaded
- Press the "Upload & Install" button
At this point, the extension is installed but not enabled. You can find the plugin by going to the Extensions menu and selecting "Plugins". When in the plugin manager, search for "HeadTag".
Pending revision, this section will remain unwritten. Version 3 will have a better interface which is easier to explain.