Password Strength 1.7
A fully customizable user password strength meter for your user registration, profile edit and admin user edit pages. This plugin effects forms created with JForm to add the strength meter. It doesn't get any easier than this - enable the plugin and the meter appears. Everything can be customized!
- CSS Style
- MooTools Transitions
- Weak/Medium/Strong tests
- Can be extended to work with other forms (which use JForm)
- Can be configured to enable the Joomla built-in password strength meter.
- Download Password Strength from the RicheyWeb download page.
- This page will remain unlinked, as the link may change in the future. Visit http://www.richeyweb.com and use the search feature - search for "Password Strength".
- In Joomla /administrator, go to the "Extensions" menu, the "Manage" sub-menu, and the "Install" sub-menu.
- Select the "Upload Package File" tab
- Press the "Choose File" button to browse your system and locate the plugin file you downloaded
- Press the "Upload & Install" button
At this point, the extension is installed but not enabled. You can find the plugin by going to the Extensions menu and selecting "Plugins". When in the plugin manager, search for "Password Strength".
Minimum Length/Maximum Length: determine the minimum/maximum acceptable characters for the password. Below the minimum and the password will never pass as more than "poor", beyond the maximum and the password will always pass as "strong".￼
Use Default Tests: Enables the custom strength tests if "No" is selected.
Use Text Meter: If enabled, text is displayed to indicate Poor, Weak, Medium or Strong
Use Transition Effects: Animate the transition between strength levels
Use Custom CSS: Style using the custom CSS configuration
Method, Transition and Duration of the MooTools transition effect.
Custom Strength Tests
Configure the Weak, Medium and Strong Regex tests
CSS style of the meter
Any com_user forms and the associated field name can be added to this list to display password strength. One form per line.
The format is: context:inputname
Use Built-in Meter: Uses the built-in Joomla password strength meter.
Strong Threshold: Numerical value changes the strong threshold. Mouseover to see an explanation of the algorithm used to calculate strength.
Please report bugs!