Nomad is not login redirection, it's homepage redirection!!! Joomla gives you a single homepage - Nomad gives as many as you need! Per-group or per-user - as many as you need.
An administrator can make global redirect setting, per-group settings, and/or individual user settings. The plugin checks first for a user setting, then a group setting, then a global setting - redirecting on the first value it finds. If no value is found, the user is sent to the normal homepage. Users who aren't logged in are not affected by this plugin, they see the normal homepage.
There are no limits to the number of assignments you can make!
- Download Nomad from the RicheyWeb download page.
- This page will remain unlinked, as the link may change in the future. Visit http://www.richeyweb.com and use the search feature - search for "Nomad".
- In Joomla /administrator, go to the "Extensions" menu, the "Manage" sub-menu, and the "Install" sub-menu.
- Select the "Upload Package File" tab
- Press the "Choose File" button to browse your system and locate the plugin file you downloaded
- Press the "Upload & Install" button
At this point, the extension is installed but not enabled. You can find the plugin by going to the Extensions menu and selecting "Plugins". When in the plugin manager, search for "Nomad".
Choosing a "Selection Type" (Global, User, Group) changes the available selection options.
- Global redirects all users to an alternate page.
- User redirects specific users to specific pages.
- Group redirects members of specific groups to specific pages.
Order of operations is User, Group, Global - whichever is found first becomes the redirection
The plugin offers a list of existing redirections for modification or removal.
Please report bugs.