SSL Labs ScoreSecurityHeaders.io ScoreHSTS Preloaded

There is no cost to join RicheyWeb, and membership is a requirement to submit bug reports and participate in the support forums.

× This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

How to make a good staging dev structure for Joomla projects?

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #4038 by ssnobben
Hi

I know you have a lot of experience of how to leverage deploy scale Joomla and I wonder also how you guys best recommend how to set up a good development process structure for Joomla?

I thinking of having three set ups ie experiment, test, live and have these stages for doing a smooth update deploy process.

How do you best solve this scenario?

I know there is some Joomla stage components like Stageit www.php-web-design.com/Joomla-Components...ents-for-joomla.html and wonder if you have used it and if it also is an alternative to this solution(s).

Thks.
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by ssnobben.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #4039 by michael
That's an interesting question, and not something many people are usually willing to describe in detail because it might reveal systems or processes that might be used to attack a site (or staging server).

I, however, am not afraid of such things. It's not that my sites or systems are invulnerable to attack (I do my best, but I don't know everything), but I actually appreciate attacks on my systems. I frequently read server logs so I can discover the new and interesting ways sites are attacked so I can build protections against them.

So, I think I can articulate my process from development to deployment. That will take some time though. Right now I'm in the middle of building an SEO extension to help out a customer of mine, and it's going through A LOT of testing. I can use that to take some video of staging tests.

When I'm done with it, I'm planning on making it free - and taking one of my paid extensions and making it free (because they work together) and challenging other Joomla extension developers to do the same (release a high quality extension for free) to solve a performance, functionality, or SEO and release it as a gift to the community.

I'm thinking of calling it (the challenge) "A Love Letter to Joomla"..... When I'm done with that, I'll write a staging article and make an accompanying video.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #4040 by ssnobben
That sounds fantastic!

Cheers!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.